4 Seminars - Over 446 Minutes of Instruction / Q & A - Reveal How To Dominate Any Fight With Strikes - The Hidden Jiu-Jitsu Way.
This Knowledge Has Never Taught To The Public Before. And to the motivated fighter, this course will completely change what's possible with Jiu-Jitsu, especially in competitive MMA.
“How to use strikes to instantly make your Jiu-Jitsu 20x more effective - the forgotten Vale Tudo techniques of Hidden Jiu-Jitsu, that allow you to control and predict any fight.”
Here's what people are saying about Henry Akins' Hidden Jiu-Jitsu:
"Vale Tudo" means "anything goes." Here's why this Vale Tudo knowledge is so important for anyone who practices Jiu-Jitsu for MMA and self-defense:
These days, Jiu-Jitsu isn’t often trained with strikes.
Typically people are taught in a fractured way.
Jiu-Jitsu for submissions, wrestling for control, and some form of boxing, kickboxing or Muay Thai to handle the stand-up game and deal with strikes.
Well, it wasn’t always that way.
When I learned Gracie Jiu-Jitsu from Rickson, we trained with strikes often enough to build real skill, not only in defending strikes, but how to use strikes to open up opportunities for submissions that wouldn’t be there otherwise.
Or, how to use strikes in the context of Jiu-Jitsu to end the fight fast (you won't believe how powerful elbows can be from the gift wrap position, until you feel it for yourself. It's like the first time you fire a gun. No joke.)
In fact, every summer we would take off the gi and train with elbows, knees, headbutts… you name it.
If you’ve never trained this way, you will be utterly amazed at how your world opens up, what is possible in terms of controlling and predicting a fight - once you can use strikes effectively to force your opponent to react.
This knowledge is so rare - you can watch any professional MMA fight from any promotion, and even among the Jiu-Jitsu experts, you won’t see most of this even attempted.
Because there was simply never anyone before Rickson, and there hasn’t been anyone since Rickson, who has explored the potential of Jiu-Jitsu and developed it as a complete martial art so deeply.
Not even among the other Gracies.
And knowing both skills - how to dominate with strikes, and to stay safe from strikes as you advance your position and set up submissions - gives you a level of invincibility few will ever experience.
That’s why I’ve put together a 4-part seminar system called “How to dominate with strikes - the forgotten Vale Tudo techniques of Hidden Jiu-Jitsu that allow you to control and predict any fight.”
The way I see it, there are 4 critical positions where strikes really count and make the difference in a grappling context:
Obviously strikes are important from the standing position, and there are other places strikes can be useful, but these big 4 give you such a tremendous advantage I had to focus on them first.
Here's what you'll find in each seminar:
Seminar 1: Mount and Cross-Side Dominance - 34 Videos - 118 mins
Originally, Jiu-Jitsu was an art practiced to defeat practitioners of every other martial art.
So we trained with strikes.
And, when practiced this way, Jiu-Jitsu allows smaller, weaker individuals to completely dominate bigger, stronger more athletic opponents, even when the rules are "anything goes".
I fought many bare-knuckle challenge matches, even from my white belt days, and I assure you, when practiced correctly, Jiu-Jitsu will win the day against all comers.
This seminar takes you back to those roots, and teaches you how to be offensive with strikes from the two most powerful ground positions in MMA, the mount and cross side.
Here's what's inside:
- Basics Mount Maintenance
- Walking the knees up from the mount and using side mount against bigger opponents
- Dealing with pushes from the mount
- Maintaining the mount when they throw both legs up
- Maintaining the mount when they sit up to throw you off
- Pros and cons of mid and high mount
- Preventing the elbow escape once they catch the ankle and turning them with punches
- Breaking bear hug from mount
- Setting up the gift wrap
- Throwing elbows from the gift wrap
- Using the elbow with the Americana
- Stabilizing the back mount and going for the rear naked choke
- Turning towards the legs to get the far side underhook
- Preventing guard recovery once you have far side underhook
- Transitioning to the mount if they catch the ankle from cross side
- Pummeling the elbow in to get the far side underhook
- Using elbows and knees from cross side
- Transitioning to top side crucifix
Seminar 2: Mount and Cross-Side Defense - 30 Videos - 86 mins
In the first seminar, you discovered how to completely dominate from the mount and the cross side with strikes.
If you've practiced those techniques, you have felt for yourself how powerful those positions can be, and how quickly someone can be just about "dead" once they're there.
So in this seminar, you'll learn how to escape these positions fast, so you can avoid the danger you now have a working knowledge of.
Plus, you'll be able to turn the momentum of the fight in your favor.
Not just physically, but mentally, it's hugely demoralizing for your opponent when they think they have you finished, and suddenly you're able to easily escape and take the top position, and put them in danger.
- Mount Defense Intro
- Bridging to get their hands on the ground and close distance
- Using bumps to off-balance and destabilize opponent
- Trapping the arm to bridge them over
- More details for trapping the arm to bridge them over
- Trapping the arm when they pummel in
- Details for using the elbow after the bridge
- Trapping the arm from a wide base
- Pushing them back when they counter the bridge
- Escaping the gift wrap
- Escaping the rear naked choke belly down
- Defense when they turn the hips to punch
- Sitting up when they create distance to punch
- Topside crucifix escape
- Modified topside crucifix escape
Seminar 3: Open Guard - 24 Videos - 155 mins
Using the open guard is all about managing the distance.
When you learn the hidden details about how to do this right, a whole new world of strikes, sweeps, and takedowns will open up for you.
One of the most important qualities of this particular way of playing open guard, is you will ALWAYS be safe from strikes.
This is not the case with any other way of playing open guard I know of.
But even while you are safe from strikes, you will still be able to strike your opponent.
- Creating distance to stay safe
- Using strikes and switching sides
- Switching sides and using the scissor sweep
- Drill to develop the scissor sweep
- BONUS: Preventing the hook sweep when mounting
- Arm bar from arm on top of the leg
- How I started to develop the scissor sweep
- Kimura from open guard
- Grabbing the wrist and taking the back
- Using thigh strikes to set up the scissor sweep
- Using kicks and standing up in base
- Weekend closing and Q & A
Seminar 4: Closed Guard - 19 Videos - 87 mins
The Closed Guard is the position that made Jiu-Jitsu famous.
It's also the position that wrestlers and other heavyweight MMA fighters love to exploit by dropping bombs and trying to knock Jiu-Jitsu players out from.
In this seminar, you'll learn how to use the Closed Guard when strikes are in play.
Not only to stay safe, but how to use your own strikes from Closed Guard.
You'll also learn one of the greatest strategies ever devised from the Closed Guard, called "The Trap".
The Trap forces your opponent into a "heads you win, tails he loses" scenario, which also makes it impossible for your opponent to stand, lift and slam you.
- Controlling your opponent from the closed guard and preventing damage
- Using heel strikes from the closed guard
- Triangle set up from the closed guard and using elbows
- More elbows from closed guard and Kimura set up
- Using the sweep when they try and get back to the center
- Closed guard Vale Tudo drill
- Preventing opponent from picking you up in closed guard
- The trap from the closed guard
- The arm attack series from the trap
- Transitioning into the triangle from the trap
- Closed guard closing
With these 4 seminars, you'll have all the knowledge you need to be dangerous from any of these 4 positions in an MMA or "anything goes" fight.
Plus, you'll know how to stay safe in these 4 positions, if someone is attempting to use strikes against you, so you can quickly escape and take the top position, and turn the momentum of the fight in your favor.
If you have the motivation to really learn and own this knowledge, to make it your own with dedicated practice, you will have such an insane advantage over anyone you know or train with to absolutely DOMINATE a fight when strikes are in play, it's almost silly.
I mean you will laugh at just how much control you have and how helpless your opponents are to stop you.
This course is designed to be as simple, easy and convenient as possible.
You can watch these videos on any device, anytime you want.
You can rewind, pause and rewatch whatever you need, as many times as you need, on your own time, in your own space.
The videos are recorded in HD, and you can ask questions or comment on every video.
I will personally answer any questions you have (as my schedule allows), and you will have lifetime access to future updates, which I post often, to all my courses, in response to your feedback.
Like I said, sharing this incredible knowledge has become my life’s work, and it makes me truly happy to hear stories about how this knowledge changes lives for the better.
I’m not sure if you can imagine a couple months from now, after you’ve taken the time to really practice and hone your skill, how great it will feel to know it’s damn near impossible for anyone to defend against your strikes, and especially your submission set ups using strikes.
And when they do, you’ll have such a deep understanding of all this, you’ll know exactly what to do to fix it quick.
Plus, you'll be completely confident you know how to stay safe from strikes in all 4 positions covered in the seminars.
I hope to hear your story soon, of how this knowledge has helped you, changed your understanding of jiu-jitsu, and made everything effective and easy for you.
Few things make me happier than to know my work is changing lives, keeping people safe, and giving them a sense of power and confidence they didn’t even know was possible.
Get Lifetime Access To The 4 Mind Blown Vale Tudo Seminars Now!
P.S. - if you're skimming and just want to see what the offer is... for only $283, you get lifetime access to Henry Akin's personal Hidden Jiu-Jitsu library of all the videos, commentary, feedback, Q & A and future updates for the 4 Mind Blown Vale Tudo Seminars.