This is still one of the most common questions about Jiu-Jitsu. In this video, I will explain my perspective on...
- Why the early UFCs answered the question about which martial art was most effective… and why those answers are still relevant today [0:56]
- How the original structure of the UFC, which included 3 or 4 fights per night to win, and no-gloves and barely any rules, shaped the world of Mixed Martial Arts
- How Royce Gracie really forced the world to learn Jiu-Jitsu (hint: it wasn’t just the fact he won his fights… it was how he won) [7:50]
- Why if you’re doing Jiu-Jitsu correctly, it’s never a fair fight, and the odds are always in your favor [9:20]
- Why the MMA glove was created, and why it’s misleading for what’s effective in a real life fight [11:40]
- Why you may want to revisit the first couple UFCs to see what happened for yourself.
If you practice Jiu-Jitsu for self-defense...