Why It's A Smart Idea to Develop Your Defenses and Escapes FIRSTAug 07, 2020
In this video, I talk about what should always be a priority for you in your training, and why it's a good idea to develop your escapes and defenses first.
You will learn...
- Why you should train escapes and defenses first to reach the highest levels of skill in the shortest time possible
- The critical psychological advantage you gain when you become confident in your escapes and defenses [1:50]
- How developing your defenses and escapes will help you hold more dominant positions more regularly
- The secret weapon you’ll develop as a result of having solid defenses and escapes that will help every part of your game, weather you’re on the offensive and defensive. [3:44]
- How becoming proficient in escapes and defenses helps you to use less strength and conserve more energy, becoming relaxed in everything you do. [4:04]
- The one thing you need to know to be able to have confidence no matter who your opponent is [5:20]
- Why defenses and escapes were the key to Rickson’s dominance [6:20]
- My own Rickson story, where he let me set up a crucifix until it was damn near finished, but he managed to deny the very last movement I needed to finish the choke, until I had to give up and move on (I had the arm, I had the gi wrapped, but it was the very last connection he was able to deny) [7:20]
- Why the entire foundation of Jiu-Jitsu truly is defense and escape, rather than attack. [9:50]
If you would like to become invincible to submissions as fast as humanly possible, especially when you're fighting skilled opponents, then click here to start with 11 of the most common attacks in Jiu-Jitsu and MMA!
Watch time: 10:30
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.